Welcome to the first ever monthly newsletter. First of all I want to say a big thank you to all who have come out to Willowstone to see the store. Your patronage is so very appreciated! This year, I am hoping to meet more of you in person at crops and classes.
The holiday season flew by and Scrap4Less made it through the Makers Faire at the Century Library and a Craft Fair in Ellicott, CO.
This next year - my goal is to:
- get the online store up and going. If anyone has experience with that please message me.
- hold two classes a month
- choose a design team consisting of 4 ladies who would be willing to make projects and post them to the Facebook page, Instagram and other accounts to help promote Scrap4Less. Message me for details if you are interested.
- hold one crop every quarter. Who would be interested in having a crop at Cripple Creek in March? The date and cost will be announced next month
Class List for January -
Friday January 10 - Beginning Bullet Journaling and Vision Board Class - Have you ever wanted to start a bullet journal but didn't know how? This class will teach you how to set up the basics of a bullet journal. We will also make a Vision Board. Cost is $25... bring your favorite pen and anything you would like to go on your vision board... (RSVP by January 8th) - Location will be announced depending on the number of people coming
Sunday January 26 - Valentine Card Class Stack - We will make 10 Valentine cards using different papers, dies, stamps and techniques. Cost is $15 per person. Bring your own adhesive and scissors...
Ongoing Monthly Club
Friday January 17th - Join the Monthly Scrappy S.I.P Club (stamp, ink and paper)
For $30 a month you will receive 8 patterned papers and 2 sheets of coordinating cardstock paper, a stamp, a mixed assortment of embellishments and an ink pad. On the third Friday of every month we will meet and make a project using our monthly kit while sipping on a beverage. Location will be announced...
That's all that is happening in January - I hope you can attend one or all of the classes.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Leave me a message in the comments or message me on Facebook - facebook.com/scrap4lessco/
Until then: here is a quick and easy project for you to do:
Z Fold Card -
Here are the supplies you will need:
- cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored on the 11" side at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2"
- a stamp set for your background - I used Lawn Fawn Flutter By Stamp Set
- a patterned paper cut at 2 3/4" x 4" for your card front. (I used ScrapBerry patterned paper, which can be found at Scrap4Less)
- for the front I used an oval die, a 2 inch circle punch and a fussy cut image from the back side of the patterned paper.
adhesive, black memento ink or an ink that does not smear, watercolor pencils, liquid pearls and foam dimensional dots.
I stamped and colored my images with watercolor pencils... I used Stampin Up brand but any kind would work good. I also added a few faux stitch lines
I added my patterned paper to the card front... and I inked all the edges to give it a finished look.
I added my die cut oval with the 2 inch circle cut out and my fussy cut image to the front of the card... making sure to only use foam dots on the left side of the paper. I finished it off with liquid pearls to the center of the small flowers...
And that's how you make a Z card... very simple and very versatile.
Leave me a picture in the comments of your finished version of the card.